Sunday, January 2, 2011

30 day Trial

Trying to start new habits on days that I work 11 hours probably isn't the best idea in the world. Good thing I have Tuesday and Wednesday off to start fresh. I read somewhere that starting new habits on a Sunday or Monday doesn't work as well... but that could be a load of bollocks.

Tomorrow is Meatless Monday!! That's the first "habit" Jared and I are getting in to. We're not quite cool enough to go vegan, but at least we're going attempt one day a week to go ovolacto-vegetarian. This way, we can explore a new culinary genre! I'll post more about that adventure tomorrow!

I tried to give up soda today, alas, I drank 1 can of diet pepsi. I was extremely tired and needed a rush. I just need to resist the urge. I'd like to start brewing a gallon of iced tea every night before work and just take that with me and refill a glass while at work. There is some things I can do at home to make eating better at work a reality. Packing lunches the night before is another habit to get in to.

2011 Goals
1. Meatless Mondays!
2. Exercise @ least 30 min. every day
3. Pack lunch/iced tea for work the night before
4. NO SODA
5. Study French 30 min every day

I'm curious to see what the results of this would be. I'm going to try a 30 day trial. I will weigh and measure Wednesday morning and again at on Feb 4. I want to see what the effects of 1-4 would be on my body after 1 month. This will be interesting. I probably wont post my initial weight because I'm sure its awful, but you'll at least know the results!!

So tomorrow is my last soda day. Adieu Diet Pepsi. You will be missed.

1 comment: