Friday, February 4, 2011

100 Day Challenge

Oh lord have mercy! I've lost my marbles!!

I decided to give up soda completely (again) and take a 100 Day Challenge (to exercise at least 30 minutes every day for 100 days straight) at the same time.

Why do I do this to myself?

It honestly hasn't been too bad. I had a bad day at work today, which made me want a Diet Pepsi that much more, but I made it through.

I tried out my new running shoes today, the Asics Kanbarra 4s. Wow. Let me tell you, Wow. No foot pain AT ALL! This may be the first time I've worked out with new shoes and didn't have pain in my arches!! I usually get Nike's, but after accidentally grabbing the UK edition of Runners World magazine at Barnes & Nobles and seeing all the ads and articles, I decided to go to the shop and give the Asics a try. Am I ever glad I did.

I still had calf problems though. My body was telling me to make sure I was hydrated and had some potassium before I went, but my head said I would be fine. LIES!! I had wicked sore calves and couldn't run all 9 sets. I ran 3. The 70 year old guy in running shorts no one over 60 should be in passed me... twice. *sigh*

My main challenge from John "The Penguin" Bingham is the 100 Days Challenge. Its going to be hard, but totally worth it.

So tomorrow is ZUMBA in the morning, followed by a quick 4hr shift at work, then Biggs' basketball game, then The Anchor down in Old Town to celebrate my birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment