Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I seriously feel like I cannot catch a break...

I've been sick in some way for almost a month.

First, it was a sinus infection that decided to show up the Saturday before Valentine's Day. That's right... 2 days before a "romantic" holiday (and the first one in a while that I've been in a relationship during)... I snag a sinus infection. Theories vary from grilling in the cold for 6 hours for charity the day before, to working Saturday in floral and being around pollen I'm not 100% used too... or a combination of both. However, whatever the case may be, I had a wicked sinus infection that lasted 3 weeks.

Then last Wednesday came.

With my sinus infection almost completely out of the way, I was optimistic, dare I say, even excited to get on with the week. I started running again. I was looking forward to packing up to start my move on Saturday and anxious to get something productive done at work. Alas, that is when my sinus infection decided to join forces with the evil Streptococcus to attack my poor, defenseless right ear.

After a night of agonizing pain and maybe 3 hours of fitful sleep, I made an appointment with an ENT. I went to work and tried to organize some paperwork, knowing I would be gone through the weekend. The ENT quickly deemed it "one heck of a nasty ear infection," gave me oral and ear drop antibiotics, pain meds and set me on my way. That was Thursday.

So here we are on Tuesday. No change whatsoever in my ear. I can't do much of anything; the pain is too much. If I take a pain med, I fall asleep for a few hours. I have a follow-up appt Thursday with the ENT, but I think I'm going to see if I can get it bumped to tomorrow. At least I'm sleeping well.

I just hope something can be done. I've had ringing in my ears for almost a week and it sucks. I would not wish an ear infection on my worst enemy.

I'm off to take a nap. My ear hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment